So I've only been blogging for about a year and a half now but reading blogs is something I have done for years. I'm really excited that two of my all time favorite bloggers agreed to participate and help me out with this post, which is all about my favorite bloggers and their everyday makeup! I want to thank these lovely ladies for helping me out with this post and allowing me to use some of their photos and information. I apologise if this is a rather long post, in the future I may make this kind of thing a series of posts instead!
|Photo Credit: Donut we all?|
The Pineneedle Collective is one blog that I have been continuously reading over the years and Annika's makeup is always flawless in literally every photo. Annika is currently studying a bachelor of science in Sydney and has a passion for dressing exactly how she wants to dress- her blog is "a great mash-up of those two worlds". Annika describes her everyday look as an "almost-but-not-quite-50s-pin-up-look (just subtler)" and I think that small sentence perfectly describes her pin up inspired makeup!
Annika's everyday makeup routine:
1. Annika begins her makeup routine by moisturising her face with a sorbolene-based moisturiser.
2. She then primes her face with whatever she can pick up from the chemist- she is currently using Prime Magic's Camera Ready primer.
3. She then conceals using Maybelline's Fit Me concealer in the shade #120 and finishes off her base with Maybelline's Fit Me foundation in the same shade.
4. Annika will then use a Junjian Cosmetic Co. eyeliner (from Chinatown) to create a fierce cat-eye, she likes to use eyeliners that are very pigmented with a stiff brush!
5. We can't forget the mascara! Annika uses the Maybelline Volum' Express: The collosal cat eyes mascara.
6. To finish things off Annika usually wears one of the Lime Crime Velvetines in either Red Velvet or Wicked.
|Photo Credit: A Picnic in my Backyard & Spellbound by Space|
I'm sure most of you have heard of Kailey's personal style blog, Mermaidens, by now. If you haven't you should head on over right after you read this post and I guarantee you will be sucked into Kailey's whimsical personal style and beauty posts in an instant! I've been a reader of Mermaidens for just over a year and half now after I discovered it when we bonded over our love for the Too Faced Perfect Flush Blush on one of my Instagram posts (Instagram has introduced me to so many amazing bloggers and artists, it's ridiculous!)
This is what Kailey had to say about her everyday makeup look; "My everyday makeup generally centers around concealing under eye bags, using bb cream to even out my skin tone, and waking up the eyes with mascara and eyeliner. I genuinely never get sick of cat eye flicks and think it looks good on everybody! I also really, really adore lipstick - I think it's really transformative and I love the "art" of applying it. For a long time, bright reds, corals and purples were my go-to lip colours- but lately I've been gravitating towards peachy, softer lipsticks for a subtler look that just so happens to match my hair…! <3 (plus I'm in love with the smell of this one by Topshop! It reminds me of those soaps for kids that had toys suspended in them for some reason?!)"
|Some of Kailey's everyday makeup items via Instagram|
Products Kailey uses for her everyday makeup routine (in order of application):
1. ELF lip plumper and primer
2. EOS lip balm in Summer Fruit
3. Laura Mercier Undercover pot concealer
4. Benefit Porefessional primer
5. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
6. Too Faced Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow
7. Benefit High Beam highlighter
8. Laura Mercier Eyebrow pencil in Blonde
9. Chanel Blanc Eyeliner
10. NYX Liquid Eyeliner
11. Tarina Tarantino Glitter Eyeliner in Glitter Mist
12. Covergirl Bombshell Volume Mascara
13. Topshop Whimsical Lipstick (Kailey is pictured wearing this above) or MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick (Kailey often wears red lipstick and Ruby Woo is her favorite!)
|Photo Credit: #ShareACoke|
Now that we've had a little snoop at what Annika and Kailey use to achieve their flawless everyday makeup looks, I just wanted to thank them both again for participating and helping me out with this post. I wanted to post something a little different to the usual posts you'd find on here and I can't thank Annika and Kailey enough for helping me create this (hopefully) amazing post!
Thank you all for reading and a huge thank you to Annika and Kailey!
Love from Maddie xo