Saturday 29 March 2014

Brand Loving: Too Faced Cosmetics

Too Faced products continue to amaze me. Every single time I try something new from them I'm always pleased. I wanted to write this post so I could recommend you all some of my favorite Too Faced products that you might want to try out for yourself! Too Faced products are all cruelty free and a list of their vegan products can be found here. This is going to be a lengthy post so maybe sit down with a cup of tea and a snack to keep yourself going!



Before we get started I just wanted to mention how much I love the Too Faced packaging. Sure, some of the packaging is quite bulky and a little awkward if you want to take things travelling with you, but other than that the packaging is seriously beautiful.

Cheek Products:

Starting with a long-time favourite of mine the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush blush. I've had my first Sweethearts blush for just under a year now and I will definitely be re-purchasing when I finish it up. These blushes are highly pigmented and you really don't need much at all to get the perfect amount of blush. Like I said, I've been using one of mine for just under a year and I've only just hit pan! The two shades I have are Candy Glow and Something About Berry. Both of these shades are within the 'pink' realm of blushes, though Candy Glow sits a little more within the peach boundary and Something About Berry resides a little more within the hot pink side. I think both of these shades would suit a range of different skin tones and are very easy to wear on a daily basis. They both have quite a lot of shimmer to them (when you swirl all three colours together) but the shimmer isn't too glittery or over-whelming.

The next product I want to mention is the Full Bloom Powder Blush. Tayla actually bought this product which was lovely as I'm usually the one to buy make-up! We have the shade Sweet Pink which is basically just a very sweet, highly pigmented, shimmery pink. This shade almost reminds of the shimmery pink in Something About Berry.  Just like the Sweetheart Blushes, this blush would suit a range of different skin tones and has incredible lasting power. Whilst I'm not too fond of the other shades of this blush, this shade is really just a perfect pink blush. 

Another cheek product from Too Faced that I've had for quite some time is their Candlelight Glow Duo highlighting powder. This is one of those products that you can use on your entire face or just as a highlighter. I personally prefer to use this just as a highlighter because I think it's a little too shimmery to use on the entire face. The colours within the duo are both beautiful on their own and when mixed together- one shade is a gold shimmer while the other is what Too Faced calls a 'rose shimmer'.

Eye Products: 

The Too Faced Shadow Insurance is a product I'm sure many of you may have used before. There isn't too much to say about this other than it's an amazing eye shadow primer. It's a very lightweight product and I barley even notice when I'm wearing it. I'm happy to say that this primer ensured my eye shadows and eye liner stayed in place on one particularly tearful night which was a nice surprise considering I expected to look quite panda-like by the time I returned home. Eye shadow simply glides over this primer and it blends very easily, especially using the Too Faced eye shadows.

Now I'm not one that can easily work a smokey eye on a daily basis, but every once in a while I like to whip out this Too Faced Smokey Eye eye shadow collection palette! This is another purchase of Tayla's that I love to borrow when the occasion calls (the benefits of having a twin sister). This palette is all you need when mastering the smokey eye. The eye shadows are all creamy, easy to blend and highly pigmented and this palette even comes with some easy steps to follow when you want to create your own smokey eye.

One of the most amazing palettes I have ever bought has been the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Collection palette. When I first saw all the promotional pictures for this palette I just knew I had to get my hands on it! This palette comes with 16 amazing eye shadows including two larger highlight colours. These eye shadows are pigmented with "pure, antioxidant-rich cocoa powder" I'm not sure about the science behind the use of cocoa powder but all 16 of the eye shadows are incredibly pigmented and creamy. These eye shadows are so easy to apply and blend out and they also have pretty decent lasting power. I'm not going to go into details about the shades in this palette (swatches etc) because this post is already long enough, so if you want a full review on this palette just let me know in the comments!

Lip Products:

If you follow me on instagram you will know that I love a good lipstick. Naturally I had to try the Too Faced La Crème Colour Drenched Lipsticks. As the name would suggest, these lipsticks are creamy and very pigmented. I have bought the shades Marshmallow Bunny, Nude Beach and Naughty Nude. Whilst I love the consistency and pigmentation of each of these lipsticks, I ended up buying both of the nude shades for my mum as they're both a little too brown for my skin tone and I'm yet to wear Marshmallow Bunny out. My natural lip colour is fairly dark so Marshmallow Bunny looks quite weird on it's own and this particular shade sticks to all the dry bits on my lips (so attractive). I'm currently looking for a matching lip liner for Marshmallow Bunny so I can test it out again but for now I can just marvel at the beautiful colour and adorable name. 

Brushes:

Last but not least for my very first brand loving post is the Powder Pouf Brush. Not only is this the brush of my dreams (it's so pink and cute!) but it's so lovely to use. This brush has soft, lengthy bristles that feel like a dream. They pick up just the right amount of product so your powder/bronzer/mineral foundation doesn't look too heavy. If you're wanting to splurge a little on a powder brush, this is the brush to go for! 

That's it for my focus on Too Faced Cosmetics. I hope you all love these products as much as I do! For my fellow Australians, I have purchased all my Too Faced products from Kit Cosmetics and Mecca Maxima so follow these links instead of the ones linking to the Too Faced website as they don't ship to Australia yet!

I would love to hear your feedback and thank you for reading!

Love from Maddie xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I need to try some of these ASAP! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much anonymous! I hope you like whatever you end up trying! xx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any too faced, everything sounds fab though! The packaging is so pretty too :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/
    p.s; check out my international Topshop makeup giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is probably my favourite packaging ever! Thanks for your comment! xx

      Delete
  3. I've never tried too faced, need to give it a go!

    http://obsessedwiththelittlethingsinlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! I hope you like whatever you try Taslima! xx

      Delete